Academic Leave

Granting of Academic Leave

The student's academic leave is granted in the following cases and for the following period:

  • When recruited to the military service - for the period of service
  • Based on family status - up to 2 years
  • Due to health - for the period indicated in the document of a medical commission
  • When studying abroad within education programs - for the period of a program

A student can be re-enrolled when academic leave is over.

When re-enrolled, a student can continue his or her education in another specialty, based on consent of the Ministry of Education, in case the previous specialty is withdrawn from education program, or he or she can be transferred to another higher education institution in case he or she wants to continue education in the previous specialty.

In either case, the issue is being considered by the Ministry of Education.

Film about Khazar University