@KhazarUni facebook.com/KhazarUniversity Google+ RSS Khazar University

1. How much is the tuition fee for international students?

The tuition fee is 5000 AZN per year.


2. As an international student, how do I apply for a student visa?

You must apply for a student visa at the Azerbaijan Embassy or Consulate in your home country.

If you do not have an embassy in your home country you may ask our International Office to help you to find the right embassy to apply.

As applying for a visa can take time (often a month or more), depending on your country it is best to apply for visa at least a month before your planned arrival.


3. What is the medium of instruction at the university?

The medium of instruction at Khazar University is English.


4. How can I submit documents for admission?

You may send documents by postal service or send in a scanned form (please note that you will receive an admission letter only after original documents are received and approved).


5. How can I get information regarding academic programs?

You can find information on the Khazar University website under the sections for each school.


6. When should I arrive at Khazar University?

You should arrive at least five days before classes begin.


7. What type of housing is available and how can I apply for it?

If you wish to apply for housing, you should submit your request before your arrival.

Please be aware that the university does not cover the rental fee for housing.

The Center for International Students and Scholars will work with you individually to help you find housing.


8. Can I work while studying?

The student visa allows you to study in a full-time program.

This means that you cannot work.


9. How can I extend my visa during my study at the university?

Before your arrival, you should obtain a student visa valid for 3 months.

A month before the expiration of your visa you will apply for a residence permit ("migration card") which will enable you to live in the country for a year.

The Center for International Students and Scholars will assist you in receiving the migration card.

For more information regarding the documents for obtaining a migration card, see this link: http://migration.gov.az/index.php?section=012&